Frozen Yogurt Shop Events:
If you’re a frozen yogurt shop owner, whether it is a franchise or your own local store, you are most likely constantly looking for ways to increase revenue in your store. One of the easiest (and most fun) ways to generate revenue for your store is to open up an area to host frozen yogurt shop events. If your storefront is large enough and you have the staff capability, this is a really excellent way to connect with your customers and to sell a lot of frozen yogurt! Here are five tips on how to use your frozen yogurt shop as an event space:
- Come up with a base price for the room rental. Depending on the size of your space and the availability of your staff, you need to come up with a solid number to reserve the room. Check around your area for the competition’s prices, or if you’re a franchise owner contact your corporate office to see what the correct rate is for your area.
- Brainstorm a few different types of package deals that your customer can choose from. Not every single customer is going to have the same kind of needs for their frozen yogurt event / party, so you’ll need to be able to have a few different party choices so that they won’t have to overpay for a small gathering or that you’ll lose money on a large party. A good rule to start with is to brainstorm three different package deals priced from low to medium to high number of guests.
- Decorate your frozen yogurt shop event space. Some restaurants that rent out a room for an event have a blank canvas when it comes to decorations and allow their guests to come in early and decorate for the party while others have theirs decorated all year round. Decide which direction you want to go with and make sure you include that in the contract that you agree on with your customer.
- Advertise, advertise, advertise. This may go without saying, but if you’re going to be hosting events in your frozen yogurt shop then your customers need to know about it. Post pictures of events on your Instagram, Facebook and company Twitter accounts. Give your guests a special hashtag so that they can gather all their photos and advertise your business all at once. Have a sign in your store to inquire about events with management. Write a press release and send it to the local newspaper. Do anything you can to get your space noticed.
- Keep a good calendar. You don’t want to overbook or double book. Be organized and make sure you keep a detailed account of every single event that you schedule. You want to ensure that every customer has an excellent experience that they can tell all their friends about. You also want to be sure to impress all of the guests at the event so that they will keep you in mind for their child’s birthday party, their boss’s retirement party or a very sweet rehearsal dinner.