QR codes are a great way to generate interest and revenue for your fro yo business, as well as keeping you up to date on the latest social media trends in business. QR codes have been around for a while, but continue to be an effective way to market your business to new customers and to send deals and savings for repeat customers.
What is a QR code?
A QR code is similar to a barcode on a product at a store, but its use is much different. A QR code is a code that is read by an imaging device, such as an iPhone, android device, or a tablet. When a device with a camera reads a QR code it is taken to a link to digital content online. You can easily generate your own QR code for your business at sites such as Kaywa or Kerem Erkan. Depending on the QR generator, you can put in url information for your business and the generator will output a type of image such as a PNG, PDF, TIFF, or EPS. Once you have the image of your QR code, the opportunities for advertising for your frozen yogurt business are endless.
What types of advertising could I put my QR code on?
There are so many ways you can use your QR code in advertising. You could put your QR code on:
- Business cards
- Sides of trucks or other business vehicles
- Sides of frozen yogurt cups
- Glass doors of your business
- Posters advertising your business
- Signs on events for your surrounding community, if applicable
What should I link to on my QR code?
You can have QR codes for different purposes. You could have QR code that links directly to:
- Your company’s main website
- Your company’s social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- A special deal going on at your shop, such as a frozen yogurt happy hour or a buy one get one free event
- Directions to your business
- An email template that is for an FAQ or customer comments and or/ complaints
- A special page for an event that’s happening at your shop
- A poll of your customer’s favorite frozen yogurt flavors or favorite toppings
- A link to put in your email information for special deals and savings
QR codes are easy to use and are a great way to use social media and new technology for your frozen yogurt business. Your customers, although are most likely a wide variety of ages, will be familiar with the practice of QR codes.
The best part about QR codes is that you can generate them for free. This gives all businesses an equal opportunity to reach out to their respective customers in a very personal way. The beauty of QR codes is that you are not necessarily shoving advertisements into your customer’s lap, but they are actively seeking out the information about your frozen yogurt business.