Good Qualities of a Potential Frozen Yogurt Employee:
When you own a frozen yogurt business, it’s important to have a staff who are passionate and skilled about your product and who are able to give your customer a smile and give them a great experience so they can be repeat customers. When you are in a position to hire a new employee, here are some good qualities of a potential frozen yogurt employee:
- Someone who is enthusiastic. The frozen yogurt industry is fun and exciting, so you want someone to embody that while in your store. Hire someone who is outgoing and lively. You want a frozen yogurt employee who is able to chat with customers with ease, and someone who can be passionate about the business.
- Someone who can sell. Although you may forget because of the bright colors and all of the dessert everywhere, but this is a business and your employees need to sell the product. If your store charges $1 more for a waffle cone in your yogurt cup, then make sure your employees mention this to customers. Your frozen yogurt employees should know how to spot opportunities to make more money for your business.
- Someone who is responsible. This may go without saying, but you want your potential employee to be responsible. This new employee might be running the store while you are absent, so it’s important that they can handle the responsibility.
- Someone who is punctual. If your potential frozen yogurt employee is late to the interview, you may want to rethink hiring them. If your employees are not punctual, then this might mean that you have to run up to the store at night or on a time when you were not previously scheduled. You need to be able to know your store is in good hands when you’re not there.
- Someone who knows the product. When you’re hiring a new employee, you need to hire someone who is able to memorize a lot of facts about your product. You want an employee who is able to know which flavors come out on which days, and what frozen yogurt toppings to recommend to customers. If your employees are well-versed in the product then they will be able to sell more and have your customers keep coming back.
- Someone who can be trusted. This might be a no-brainer, but you need to be able to trust your potential employee. Call some of their previous employers or their references. Is this someone who you can trust with your business? Employees can handle everything from handling the registers to dropping off the deposit at night. You want to ensure that your business is in good hands.
- Someone who can clean. Anyone who has worked in the food industry can tell you that more than half of the job is cleaning. Make sure your potential employee knows that this position comes with some heavy duty cleaning responsibilities as to ensure that your business is complying with all of the health codes.
Below are some frozen yogurt stores that are known to treat their frozen yogurt employees with respect and give all employees the opportunity to grow into higher positions!
– HERE is link for Menchies career opportunities. Menchies has hundreds of store locations so if you are looking to work at a frozen yogurt shop, this one is a great choice!
– HERE is Red Mangos job application. Like Menchies, Red Mango has locations in all of the States. Red Mangos commitment is to using only the best all-natural ingredients for their frozen yogurt, parfaits, and smoothies! Check your local Red Mango too see if they are hiring!
– HERE is Sweet Frog Premium Frozen Yogurt Application. Sweet Frog is a frozen yogurt shop that revolves around making the customers experience the best experience they have ever had! They even featured a Frogger employee recognized as International Champion! Check out the article they posted below! Now thats awesome!
– HERE is a link to CUPS Frozen Yogurt Website. CUPS is one of my favorite frozen yogurt franchises! They have amazing customer service and they always have a clean delicious environment! Check out the many CUPS locations to see if one near you is hiring!
I hope you enjoyed this post! I love reading comments and suggestions, so feel free to leave comments and start a dialogue amongst each other! Thanks for allowing me to do what I love, which is all things FROZEN YOGURT!!!!!!
Sincerely The Frozen Yogurt Review!