Fun Extras that Every Frozen Yogurt Shop Should Have!
One of the best parts about places like frozen yogurt shops is that customers have the ability to sit and just hang out for a couple of hours to sit with friends or family in addition to the tasty frozen treat. A frozen yogurt shop is the perfect place to meet up with girlfriends before a movie, a great place to go with a date after dinner or a fun location to take your kids after their soccer game. If you own a franchise of a national frozen yogurt chain, always be sure to ask corporate before making a purchase on one of these extras. Here are a few ideas to keep the fun going at a frozen yogurt shop for your patrons.
- Board Games – Host family game night at your shop! Buy all the classics like Clue, Life, Monopoly, Jenga and Guess Who? for your frozen yogurt shop and you’re sure to keep your patrons coming back again and again (especially if they need to settle the score of last week’s Monopoly game). If you have games, be sure to make plenty of space at tables to accommodate all the space they will need to play.
2. Magazines – Whether you have a bride discussing bridesmaid dresses with her friends, a mom looking for advice for raising her teenage daughter or a guy who wants to look up a good recipe to impress a new girlfriend, magazines can be a great way to entertain your guests while they are visiting your frozen yogurt store. Many fro-yo locations have magazines spread out on small end tables and make space for their patrons to read them on comfy chairs.
3. Flat Screen Television – A flat screen television shouldn’t necessarily be the entire focus of your frozen yogurt shop, but if there’s a big game or a major awards show on, your patrons may be interested in passively watching it to check a score or check the weather. Be sure to keep your television dialed into G or PG-rated programs so that your shop remains family friendly and welcoming to people of all ages.
4. Comfortable Couches – Is there anything more crucial than having a comfortable space that your guests feel good about spending an afternoon on? Be sure to have plenty of tables and chairs so there’s plenty of room for all of your guests, but for large groups of friends or family, having a comfortable couch in a frozen yogurt is an extremely wise purchase. Pick a bright, cheery color that stands out and that can be a good centerpiece.
5. Sound System – A good sound system is a great asset to your fro-yo shop. Get creative and fun with your music. Play classical music one night and classic rock the next. Again, be sure that your music is family friendly and appropriate for all ages. Have the music be loud enough to be heard, but soft enough that your customers can still enjoy some small talk over their frozen yogurt cups.
I hope this post gives you some inspiration on making your frozen yogurt shop special and fun!!! Keep all of your customers coming back again and again!!